Skilled Migration

The General Skilled Migration (GSM) program offers a range of visa options, most with pathway to permanent residency.

Skilled Independent Visa - Subclass 189

In our opinion, this is one of the best visas in the Australian immigration system. Why? Because you get permanent residency straight away and it offers the most flexibility! For example, the Skilled Independent Visa does not require sponsorship by a relative or state/territory government. You can live anywhere you like, and work in any job for as many hours as you like. Complete freedom! We call it the Ferrari of the visas – it reaches your goal of permanent residency in Australia the fastest – if you are meeting the requirements, of course!

Skilled Nominated Visa - Subclass 190

This is a very good visa option available in Australia! Why? Because like the 189 you get Permanent Residency straight away, however you need the Nomination by an Australian State or Territory government. You get additional points for Nomination and once approved this visa offers great flexibility! For example, you can work in any job you like, unlimited hours, or you can even start your own business, or not work at all! Completely up to you!

Skilled Regional Provisional Visa - Subclass 491

This is a four year provisional visa which allows holders to only live and work in regional areas of Australia. For example, all of Northern Territory is considered regional, and many more areas in Australia. Contact us, if you want to find out what locations are included!
One of the main requirements is that you are sponsored by an Australian relative living in a designated area, or nominated by a State or Territory Government.

Skilled Regional Visa - Subclass 887/191

This is the permanent stage of the Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489/491). To qualify for a Skilled Regional Visa, you must live in the relevant region of Australia for at least two/three years and work full time there for 12 months/have a taxable income above the income threshold for 3 years.

Graduate Temporary Visa - Subclass 485

This visa type has two streams; the Post Study Work stream and the Graduate Work stream. The 485 Visa includes full work rights and is a great way for international students to gain valuable work experience after completing qualifications in Australia.

Recognised Graduate Visa - Subclass 476

This visa allows recent engineering graduates to work or study in Australia. Engineers are in high demand in Australia and they are eligible to apply for Subclass 189 Visas!

Skills assessment

Certain Skilled Visas require an assessment of your qualifications and work experience. The requirements for a skills assessment vary by occupation and there are a large number of skills assessing authorities, for example VetassessTrades Recognition Australia,  Engineers Australia and Australian Computer Society – just to name a few. In most cases, the skills assessment will be based on the applicant’s qualifications and work experience, though in some cases English language ability and registration in Australia is required.

The skills assessment is a crucial step in the immigration process and a prerequisite for most Skilled Visas and also some Employer Sponsored Visas.

Contact us now to find out, if you need a skills assessment

State or Territory Nomination

Every State and Territory has their own criteria to make a successful application. For example, some have work and residence requirements, if you apply from onshore. Others have financial requirements, in particular for offshore applications. You also must nominate an occupation from the current Skills Occupations List before you lodge your Expression of Interest with SkillSelect.

Our service for Skilled Migration include:

  • Advice on Skilled Visa requirements
  • Assessing the most suitable Visa for you
  • Preparing the Skills Assessment
  • Preparing the State or Territory Nomination
  • Preparing the Visa Application
  • Communicating with the Department and authorities on your behalf
  • Explaining your obligations and rights as a skilled visa holder
  • Helping you to bring your partner and family to Australia
Translate »