Are you planning to apply for a partner visa? On 1 July 2017, the Department of Immigration will introduce the following changes:1) Australian sponsor has to undergo a screening and approval process before visa application can be lodged (e.g. mandatory police check)2) Visa application charge will increase to $7,0003) Fee for 2nd stage will be introduced (it is not known yet how much this will be)4) Wait time between 1st and 2nd stage will increase from 2 to 3 years. This means it will take longer to gain permanent residency.We recommend to apply asap before 1/7/17! Read our blog post for more info on the partner visa. Contact us for a quote – we have helped many couples to get their visa and live together in Australia happily ever after!
The Partner Visa is part of the Family Migration Stream. Australian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor partners for migration to Australia. To sponsor a partner, you must either be married, in a de facto relationship, have a registered relationship or be engaged. You can be inside or outside of Australia.
A partner visa is a two stage process; first you and your partner have to apply for a temporary visa and after two years you can apply for a permanent visa. Sometimes this time can be shortened, e.g. long-term relationships, children, etc.
Both your partner and you have to complete applications: you as the applicant and your partner as the sponsor (the person who is the Australian citizen/permanent resident).
Northern Immigration Australia offers a comprehensive service which includes the following:
- we assess your eligibility
- we explain the visa requirements and conditions
- we explain the obligations and rights for both, sponsor as well as applicant
- we send you a list of all the documents and evidence we require for the application from both of you
- we provide assistance in writing statements
- we complete both applications, sponsor as well as applicant
- we write additional submissions if required
- we make sure that everything (application, documentation and submissions) is meeting the standards of the Department of Immigration
- we provide you with guidance and assistance along the way through ongoing communication and advice
- we deal with all enquiries from the Department of Immigration and respond on your behalf (with your consent)
The visa application process can be time consuming, stressful and overwhelming. Engaging Northern Immigration Australia as migration agents means that you can relax and trust the experts. We tell you everything you need to know and give you clear instructions what information and documents we need from you to make a successful application.
At Northern Immigration Australia we have a 100% success rate with our visa applications. Contact us now and get a free quote!